Sunday, December 03, 2006

meatloaf last night...






Over the years I've had the great joy of having some amazing people as students. They are wonderful and this year's crop is no different. I won't lie to you... from time to time you have the student that you know isn't ready to "be here," but for the most part -- I've been granted a great gift... an incredible gift... my students truly are a joy...

Last night my second years had a closing reception for their show "meatloaf." It was incredible... Their invitations were beautiful, the food was well thoughtout and delicious, they had a documentary video interviewing each of them concerning their work, and speaking of work... it was pretty damn good. They curated themselves and installed it. The publicity was obviously successful... the turnout was huge.

I sound like ... a dolt... but I mean it... I'm so impressed with them. I can't wait to see their futures...

Congratulations guys on a great show!

i took tons of pictures... here are just a few.

show info:

meatloaf. works by fourteen area artists
nov 27 to dec 2
Cleveland Institute of Art Coffeehouse Gallery

Featured Artists:
alicia oblander
patrick mooney
carolyn shank
michael meier
jon sommer
martin eisert
peter tabor
angelo nicoletti
rebekah wilhelm
barbara polster
melinda laszcynski
rachel allen
christa drew
andrew kuhar

No comments: