Sunday, September 27, 2009

a toast and an adieu...


a toast to the greatest cat who ever lived … (raise a beer and down it) … there was this animal that impacted my life in a way and to a degree and in such a positive manner that I grieve his death as much as I have grieved many others and more than some others I’m afraid … to have him in my life added a texture and a personality that frankly surpassed some humans. stupid to think this… maybe … but I believe that these lives are as potent and as lived and as felt as many an other. I know people who will never get the simple joy from living that he did … that will never value their companions as he did … that never had the courage that he had, nor his devotion… thanks William for finding me and having the kindness to share our lives. i love you always.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

i'm so sorry that you lost your friend.

laney2217 said...

Thanks. I miss him everyday. He had such a large and beautiful personality.

Mr. Notapest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Notapest said...

I'm saddened to learn of William's departure. The love and comfort that he gave is such a precious gift to lose. Mend your heart with his delight in all that you bestowed.